Wednesday, August 22, 2012

How To Mix and Match Prints

Today's post I'm dedicating to the ever popular, yet ever so difficult trend to pull off....the mixing of prints.  Now I am really seeing a lot of this trend this season as most designers, and retailers, are showcasing fool proof outfits that incorporate this look for you.  However, it's not a hard trend to pull off with things you may already own in your closet, if you know a few simple rules....

Here's a look I put together with a few items from my closet.

 Top- J.Crew here // Skirt- Anthropologie similar skirt here //  Shoes- Jessica Simpson here




I won these amazing earrings from JEWELIQ on Side Smile Style.  Thanks Ashley!

Rules of Mixing Prints

1) Keep the prints along the same color pallets.  I like to use the same color somewhere in both prints to tie them in together.
2) Try to stay in the same fabric family.  This is not a necessity, but one I try to stick by so things don't get too crazy.
3) Keep the accessories and hair simple.  We don't want this looking like something straight out of the eighties now do we?

That's about it.  You can do this look yourself, or shop below a few of my favorites I've found already put together for you.
Mixing Prints

Sleeveless blouse / A|Wear polka dot top, $47 / A|Wear printed shirt, $55 / A|Wear grey skirt, $94 / Mink Pink skirt, $63 / Mango paisley pants, $55



Last but not least...thanks so much to Joelle from My Passion is Fashion for my versatile blogger award!  Hop on over and check out her fabulous blog here.

Linking up today with The Pleated Poppy!


What do you think of the mixed print look?

17 comments:

  1. I'm adding this post between my favourite ones. Love it :)
    WhiteCloset Fashion Blog
    Twitter
    Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Look great!!! :D I love this outfit!
    Maybe We san follow eatch other? :D
    http://amazing-beauty-case.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. your blog is really fantastic <3 it's so pretty <3 I've also a blog :) If do ypu like it also we can follow each other :D ((let me know))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't think that we could pull this off but you look FAB!

    Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look GOOD. I have trouble pulling off mixed prints. But you look lovely!

    <3 Daryl
    Roots, Wings & Other Things
    $100 Anthropologie Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by from the link up.

    I think this is fab! Love how you mixed the prints. They are awesome together

    Clare
    Understated Classics

    ReplyDelete
  7. love polka dots!
    love your blog!
    wanna follow each other?yes no?
    uuuum..cheers!
    http://fashion-babel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. super cute! and not all over the top and random like mag's suggest. love it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You definitely pulled off print mixing! You look awesome girlie :) Love the earrings you picked out!


    xo SideSmile,
    Ashley

    SideSmile Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, hands down my favorite outfit of yours thus far!! Love the prints and the colors! I have this knock off top from Francescas! Love it! It's a classic!!! This was a great post! I am a pattern mixing fan! ;)
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't bring myself to mix prints. I just can't! I love, love how it looks on you and everyone that does it. Help!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely outfit, I love the yellow flowers the most!
    xx
    Simona
    www.lakenmoon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great mix!! Love it. Never mixed prints and I may say my girls friends never done either! I will show them this!!

    thanks for your comment on my Blog!
    Have a great weekend!

    Hugs
    Mr JK
    http://mrkanerule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello :) Great post, I realy like your skirt. I am your newest follower, can you follow me back?

    xLOVEx http://veronicadelarge.blogspot.sk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post and love the "rules".
    Iva
    One Chic Mom

    http://fabmom12.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...