Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Wearing White After Labor Day

My friend Stacee called me the other day and asked about wearing white after Labor Day.  She specifically wanted to know about white jeans.  Now the old rule of thumb was absolutely no white pants post Labor Day, but these days, white is more acceptable as long as you know how to pull it off.

Rule #1
Do not wear flip flops or sandals with the white jeans.  You need to pair the pant with boots to keep them from looking too summery.

Rule #2
Do not wear white linen!  This is a huge no no since linen is such a warm weather fabric, pairing it with white is definitely something you should only wear at the beach.  Stick with jeans.  Trust me.

Rule #3
Keep the top balanced with a chunky sweater, scarf, or chambray shirt to off set the summery white color in the jean. 

My go to Fall white jeans look?

You can't go wrong this time of year pairing the white jeans with your chambray top you've had since Spring.  When the weather gets cooler, layer a chunky knit sweater to give this look longevity.  Add your go to boots, top off with a scarf and you'll get another season's wear out of those favorite jeans.

Shop This Look!

Wearing White Jeans After Labor Day




Piperlime button down shirt / Long top / 7 For All Mankind straight leg jeans / Short heel boots / Scarve

I'm linking up today for What I Wore Wednesday's. Hop on over to The Pleated Poppy to join in on all the fun!

pleated poppy
Also linking up with:

Do you like the idea of wearing white past Labor Day?

13 comments:

  1. Such an informative post. I totally agree with you about the footwear. Boots with white pants is a great option for fall. Love these pictures.

    I would love for you to stop by my blog and check out my latest outfit post.
    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the white jeans look fabulous with boots. I myself, do not wear white jeans, because I feel like a marshmallow in them. I blame it on my sturdy legs.

    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my white jeans and I hate putting them away for the Winter. I totally agree with you...great post Shannon!

    XO
    justasmalltowngirlblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that gorgeous scarf, the color are so pretty. Visiting from the Transatlantic Blonde link up party today. Hope you have a good day!

    xo

    LindsayJEveryday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving your chambray top paired with the white jeans and boots. It looks so comfortable! Visiting from the Trans. Blone link up today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by from the link up...

    Your honesty about white jeans is so dead on, it's like you read my mind! Kudos!

    Clare
    Understated Classics

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both outfits!! We totally agree about white jeans with boots.

    Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great fall look! The boots are awesome!
    Xo
    Elena
    http://dcinstyle.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rocked it! Breaks the white rule, but who cares, because this is totally a Fall look!

    xo Rachel

    www.glamhampton.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look so pretty! I love your scarf and riding boots!

    xo jen
    Pearls & Lace

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous look. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...