Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Skinny Jeans...One Pair, Two Different Looks

A favorite, go to piece I have in my closet has to be the skinny jeans.  I love this staple wardrobe item since they truly can be worn year round, and are so versatile.  Dress them up or down depending on your mood and destination just by changing your top, shoes and accessories.  One thing I think is truly special about this classic wardrobe piece is that I will grab them just as fast for a day out look as well.   My look I'm featuring today is something I might wear for night out on the town. I'm going to show how you can change this look from night to day just by switching around a few pieces of the ensemble.

Top- Anthropologie (last season) // Jeans- Target (last season) // Pumps- Jessica Simpson (here)
My classic dark blue skinny jean, paired with a frilly top, and nude pumps make a fool proof ensemble for a night out on the town.

Sweater and Boots from my closet
Here you see the same jeans with a sweater and flat boots to effortlessly change for a day of shopping or a trip to the movies.

Don't be scared to try this look yourself.  Pumps elongate your legs if your short like me, and boots help even out the leg if your legs are heavier.  Jeggings, part jean part legging, are very stretchy and comfortable and can be a good option instead of form constricting jeans.  So get yourself a pair of dark skinny jeans this season and create your own looks.

Shop These Looks....
Rock Your Skinny Jeans
Sleeveless top / White winter coat / Calvin Klein Jeans skinny leg jeans / Victoria's Secret victoria secret boots / Jessica Simpson 

I'm linking up today for What I Wore Wednesday's. Hop on over to The Pleated Poppy to join in on all the fun!

pleated poppy
Also linking up with:

What's your Favorite Versatile Piece This Season?

19 comments:

  1. I only wear skinny jeans, love them! Your outfits are gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great advice. I wish I looked a little better in skinny jeans. I'm hard to fit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you kept the "base the same". Great jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute top, I love the neutral color

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cute outfit, I LOVE that top. And i was very hesitant about skinny jeans for a long time. Now I love them! Of course I have lost over 60 pounds recently and that does help to boost some confidence in SKINNY jeans! lol ;)

    ~Maria-Isabel
    www.agapelovedesigns.com

    p.s. I found you via the pleated poppy! So glad I did, Im a new follower of your now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We just love skinny jeans!!

    Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a skinny jean. They are SO versatile and make every body type look good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the boots - I am a true boot fanatic.

    new follower

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your skinny jean post and you're so right how their so versatile and great idea to show them with the boots and pumps. I think some women avoid skinny jeans but with boots they're a must in the fall and winter. You look great and I like that you wore natural pretty blush tones because the jeans stand out even more. We're both on the skinny jean wavelength this week, hehe

    xoDale
    www.savvyspice.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am obsessing over that top! And the sweater and the boots... I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So fun to see how you styled that pretty ruffled top two different ways! Love those nude pumps!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is adorable, the second look is my fave, I love the grey boots, have a similar pair, they look great on you!

    Simona
    www.lakenmoon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. this ruffled top is darling.
    xo
    Rachelle
    http://pinksole.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. The way you were able to make this outfit appropriate for different seasons (or different occasions) is just delightful! I really enjoy reading your blog! It would make my day if you stopped by my blog and decided to follow (I'd follow you back of course)! Looking forward to your future posts!

    Kate
    http://ajourneyinstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like your style!

    =)


    Your newest follower,


    Brooke

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...