Monday, October 22, 2012

Gushing Over Velvet Loafers

It's not often I spot a trend and immediately think I have to have something similar in my wardrobe, but I have to say, when I first spotted the velvet loafer trend, something about it caught my eye.  I'm not sure if its the laid back, loungy vibe this trend reflects, or if it's just that they look so darn comfortable, but I like them.  This trend is especially fun because its just as spot on for men as it is for women.  Now don't get me wrong, my hubby and I won't be sporting matching shoes anytime soon, but I do find this is a great look for women as it is for men who want to channel the Scott Disick or Hugh Hefner vibe.  So check out a few of my gush worthy loafers I will be stalking this season.

Here are the ultimate velvet loafers from Stubbs and Wooten.  At $400  these are way out of my price range, however, they are a good way to get an idea of how to shop for this style on a beer budget.  

This $79 suede pair from Piperlime.com is more like it!

 
How about this budget pair from Aerosole for just $68? 
They look very similar to this $400 dollar pair from Stubbs and Wooten.   

I think this BCBG pair is so fun and at just $62 they won't break the bank.  
 Another gush worthy pair from Heels.com for $75.  

You will see this fabulous footwear all over the stores this season, so snatch you up a pair next time you're out shopping and you'll be comfy and on trend this season.  

What do you think of the velvet loafer trend?

6 comments:

  1. I think they are really cute, but if they are too velvety they just remind me of slippers. It would be interesting to see if these are still trendy next year!

    (Oh, I'm following you now, too!)

    Kate
    http://ajourneyinstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw a ton of these at Kohl's for $19.99. They had them in mustard, houndstooth, black, red, and leopard. So cute! Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heart the BCBG ones, great find, haven't seen those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too love this trend! The ones from Aerosole are my favorite and I'm sure incredibly comfy too! Love your blog; I'm a new follower.

    XOXO
    Ashley
    ashleyspassionforfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are cute. Want to come to NC? I'm giving away a two-night luxury hotel to Charlotte. Ends 11/17

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...