Tuesday, October 30, 2012

How To Create a Sock Bun

 I must have hair on my mind since yesterday's post was a flat iron review and today is all about the sock bun.  I know you all have seen these all over the place, and when I was out Saturday night with my friend Heather she had her hair in one of these ultra stylish up do's.  Now I'm going to call Heather out on how she is notoriously late everywhere she goes, she'll admit this as well, so when she and her husband were the first ones there, everyone was completely shocked.  I asked her what was up with her beating everyone there, and she let me in on her secret...the sock bun.  She said it literally takes 40 minutes off of her getting ready routine.  Wow!  I totally need to learn how to do this since I am always pressed for time, and I love to have fun new ways to style my hair.  So take a peak at a few of the pictures I found of this trending hair style and tell me if you don't agree, this is one fabulous look!
                                                                                             Source: threepinkdots.com via Kelli on Pinterest

                                                                                Source: thethreadaffect.com via Megan on Pinterest


How do you create this look yourself?  Here's a brief, "how to" video to get you started. 



Now I know this is so weird to post a picture of a guy on my blog, but you have to go vote for him in the MACS/AMAX modeling competition. 
 His name is Lane and he's a friend of my sister.  Go here to vote for him....http://www.faceoffall.com/model_applicants/lane-gonzalez He needs your vote!!!  Isn't he cute????

Ok....back on to the rockin' hair style today....
 What Do You Think of the Sock Bun Look?

10 comments:

  1. Oh what a fab video! Thank you for sharing. I've seen so many people with gorgeous sock buns but was never sure how to do it myself. Definitely going to try it now. Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an adorable bun!
    I would do it if I had more hair!


    =)


    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that first picture! I've seen this style everywhere...but have yet to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have such a hard time doing the sock bun. It works better on my hair when I curl the ends. Love your tutorial!!!



    Hanny

    justsimplyhanny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I swear I have tried this a dozen times and it just won't work for me. I think I am goin g to try one o those donut things. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this style, I've got to try master is myself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me.Rinoplasti

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tutorial! I have a modified tutorial coming up.. I'm going to link back here for this one as a way to do the original sock bun though because it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shannon - my friend Alli is obsessed with this post. She tried the sock bun and ROCKED it the other day. She sent me a pic and everything. My hair has too many layers for it to work, but I totally wish I could pull it off. Is that you in the top pics?

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...