Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Dressing Like a Bag of Skittles?

Color is all the rage this season, thank Hunger Games for that, so for my event last Friday, that was the idea I was channeling.  My handsome hubby and a few friends and I went to an amazing event here in Nashville called Highballs and Hydrangeas and the attire was festive attire.  Festive attire, to me, means cute dresses for the girls so I found this amazing dress and decided to build off the bright color with another pop of a bright accessory.  Echoing in my ear was something I heard Carson Kressley say a few weeks ago and it was something to the affect of......you can go out this season looking like a bag of Skittles and no one would say a word!  So with that bit of advice in hand, here's what I came up with.  (If you follow me on Instagram (@winetastegirl), Twitter, or Facebook you've already had a sneek peak!)




I found this gush worthy dress from Piperlime for only $79!  I paired it with this amazing tangerine colored Geranium necklace and nude wedges so I was all set for a night out.  Skittles in hand....

Here we are with our friends Heather and Jeremy.  She was wearing a fabulous, seer sucker dress from this season's Lilly Pulitzer collection.  Beautiful!

Two of the party goers...Ashley and Ashley were spot on with their trendy ensembles.  

The band had our toes tapping until late in the evening.  

Overall, it was a night to remember while we were supporting a good cause.  One of my favorite things to do is going to worth while events coupled with the unavoidable excuse to play dress up.  So this season, don't be afraid to mix bright colors.  Who knows when we will be able to pull this look off again!

Do you like this look? Will you be mixing brights?

11 comments:

  1. I love your outfit! (I'm a new follower) Dressing like a bag of skittles is one of my favorite things to do in the spring- yesterday I wore a turquoise dress and a pink cardigan, why not?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your outfit. I think that we will all look like a bag of neon skittles this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You look so cute with your outfit:) Lovely! I also love ur style! Very adorable and amazing sweetie:)

    Wanna follow each other?

    have a nice day!
    miss-monaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You looked great and the orange necklace....wow!! I want all colors now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. well dear...very lovely dress.... btw i like ur style >>
    btw if u like lets follow each other
    jessillesilv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the green and tangerine combo! Looks great on you!! A bag of skittles...just love that!! You and the hubby make a great looking couple ;-)

    Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the look!! That dress is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute outfit and it looks like a fun event. New follower to your blog. Nice to "meet" you. Hope you stop by and see me sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love this!! The colors are amazing!
    -Anna
    asweetsouthernmess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your combo! Was looking for information about this event and found your site :)
    - Mosun
    www.mojohnsonmakeup.com

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...