Monday, April 2, 2012

A Girls Night Out Wine Tasting

Spring is here and one of my favorite things to do is sit outside on my back patio and sip wine with girlfriends or the hubby after a long day.  Last week, I got several of my neighborhood girls together for a fabulous wine tasting complete with yummy food pairings all provided by Brentwood Wine and Liquors.  This was, by far, one of the most fun girls nights out we've had in a long time and we all came away with some new favorite wines!  The uber knowledgeable guys from the store came over with five wines from Argentina and paired them with tasty small plates that complemented each of the wines.  One of the guys, Jeff, had just gone to Argentina last year so he was really up to date on what's hot over there and was able to provide lots of information on the selections.  The other one, Daryll, is a chef and had some of the most delicious small plates that he cooked right out of my own kitchen!  Go to your local wine store and see if they will do something similar.  It makes for a great girls night out!

 The first pour....

 Jeff, our very own wine aficionado

 The girls listening to his presentation

A few of the girls with chef extraordinaire Daryll, and Jeff

I came away with some new favorite wines.  Have you all ever been to a wine tasting?

10 comments:

  1. This looks like so much fun! Can't wait for it to be warm here to sip wine on patios and rooftops. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love wine tastings...they're so fun!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been white tasting! Seems like such a fun "girls day out" thing to do. The location looks darling as well. XO!

    Rachel

    glamhampton.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. def looks like SO much fun!! :-)

    http://infinitelifefitness.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like so much fun!! I love learning about and of course drinking wine! If only we lived closer!! :-)

    Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a great night! Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love wine tastings! Looks like an awesome night!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Shannon, that looks like such a great time! I wish I was there with you girls {even though I don't know a single one of you and I'm all preggo so I can't drink!} sipping away!

    xo
    Erinn

    http://fancynapkin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...