Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Stylish Rain Gear

It has been raining like crazy here in Nashville so that got me thinking, and my friends talking, about rain wear.  I love it when I get special requests for my posts, and my friend Bridget wanted some advice on what to wear on these rainy days, yet still look cute and stylish.  Here's some ideas on the perfect rainy day outfit that won't break the bank!

Start with an amazing umbrella...

Tory Burch can do no wrong in my book, so making this umbrella the focal point of the outfit is a fabulous choice.
Buy it here
$48

Next up...an amazing trench coat...
You don't have to spend a fortune on a classic trench.  Sure, the Burberry one is fabulous, but for the money, you can't go wrong with this lovely one from Target.  (Don't they just have everything???)  The classic lines of the trench go well with skirts or pants to make a versatile piece you'll wear for years.

Buy this one here
$50

Top it off with the perfect rain boots....

So I am totally breaking my rule of not featuring products over $100, but for $124, these are the best rain boots you will ever own.  They are so sturdy, super cute, and keep your feet completely dry.  I personally own a pair, and they are a must have for rainy days.  
Buy them here.
$124

Last but Not Least....
For a little pop of color, add these comfy welly socks from Hunter to the ensemble.  

Buy them here.
$26

That's it!  You have these items and your rainy day attire is complete.  Just layer these on top of your outfit and you're stylish and dry. 

What do you think of my rainy day essentials?


6 comments:

  1. Love the look sweety!
    Following your blog via GFC, follow me back?

    Love,
    Devina

    www.guiltybytes.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is funny because (since I got drenched yesterday at preschool drop off) I've had rain gear on my brain! I desperately need a pair of Hunter boots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in Nashville as well and my feet and work pants got soaked in the river that is my work parking lot on rainy days. I guess I need some rain boots. Thanks for the rec! I have never heard of welly socks so I guess I need to check those out too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your rainy day attire. It's one of my favorite posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are such great staples for rainy weather! I've been in love with Hunters for a couple years and this fall I'm actually going to buy myself a pair...finally!

    xo jen
    Pearls & Lace

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...