Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Fashion Star, Who's Your Favorite?

Did you all happen to catch Fashion Star on NBC last night? Well I have been waiting for a month to see this new show about up and coming fashion designers and I was not disappointed.  The jist of the show is, designers compete to win a lucrative contract and have their designs sold that night at Saks, H&M and Macy's websites and the next day in stores.  Here are the contestants with Elle Mcpherson, the absolutely ageless and gorgeous host.

My favorites were Sarah and Orly as I related most to their designs and wearable style, and I have a feeling I will definitely be buying their goods this season. 


Sarah's dress sold out in minutes on H&M for only $20!  Thank you H&M for making these fashions available for purchase online for all of us who are not fortunate enough to have one of your fabulous stores in our city.  




Orly's zip off skirt was crazy inventive, however, Saks wound up bidding for it and now selling it for the hefty price tag of $350.  It's way out of my budget and as of this morning, still available on their website.  It would have been nice if H&M would have bought this skirt so main stream America could afford it, but I'm hopeful that Orly's clothes will wind up there at some point.

 I also loved Nikki's white eyelet Caftan from Macy's.  It's a little hard to see here, but trust me, it's fabulous!  At only $89 I may have to snatch one of these gems up. 

The show overall had a lot of very wearable, yet not very inventive fashions, show cased last night.  I'll be anxious to see what these three, as well as the other designers will be featuring next Tuesday night.  Don't miss it!
So who was your favorite?

5 comments:

  1. I can't believe that I forgot to watch!! Definitely going to watch next week!

    Jayme @ HLNC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Setting the DVR, cant wait to watch this show! Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen the show yet but I am a huge fan of Jessica Simpson. I LOVE her shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't watched yet but I love that dress and the color! The cut out is super cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really appreciable daily outfit by this blogger. Amazing women dress selection and style are so well. I love so much in vintage clothes. To see the outfit my enthusiasm increases more. To check out more other outfit just click on


    mini skirt

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...